Chairman of the Board of Management and Board of Management Member for Product Lines at AUDI AG
- Markus Duesmann was born on June 23, 1969 in Heek, North Rhine-Westphalia. In 1991, he completed his studies of mechanical engineering at Muenster University of Applied Sciences with a degree in engineering.
- He began his career in 1992 as a design engineer for a V12 series-production engine at Mercedes-Benz in Stuttgart. In 1995, he moved to the development service provider FEV GmbH in Aachen, where he held various positions, the last of which was head of the engine mechanics division.
- In 2004, he took over the position of main department manager for new diesel engines at DaimlerChrysler AG in Stuttgart, and in 2005 became head of Formula 1 development at Mercedes-Benz in Brixworth in the United Kingdom.
- In 2007, Markus Duesmann moved to BMW AG as head of Formula 1 powertrain. After holding several responsible positions at that company, he was Board of Management Member for Purchasing and Supplier Network at BMW AG from October 2016 until July 2018.
- The Supervisory Board of AUDI AG appointed Markus Duesmann as Chairman of the Board of Management of AUDI AG effective April 1, 2020. Moreover, he is entrusted with responsibility for the China business and with Board of Management responsibility for Product Lines at AUDI AG. Markus Duesmann has also been a member of the Board of Management of the Volkswagen Group since April 2020 and in this function heads the Premium Brand Group with Audi, Bentley, Ducati and Lamborghini.
Models, products and services – switch to your country / sales region website and discover the regional diversity of Audi.